Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Jelly Time...or really a leek soup fast




Thanks to this, I have been on strict liquids for two days to lose my debacherous 5lbs. I started with the French Women Don't get Fat Recipe, but had to tweak it, due to tasteless boredom.

So I took this recipe:
Recipe for Magical Leek Soup
Serves one for the weekend


2 lbs. leeks
Water to cover in a large pot

1. Clean leeks and rinse well to get rid of sand and soil. Cut end of green parts leaving all the white parts plus a suggestion of green. (Reserve the extra greens for soup stock.)
2. Put leeks in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer with no lid for 20-30 minutes.

And added a shitload of garlic, 1 can of garbanzo beans, shallots, salt and pepper and pureed it. Not too shabby. I started yesterday, and included protein shakes for breakfast and snacks. 4lbs down and hoping for 2 more tomorrow. I do not advocate a liquid diet, Oprah doesn't either, but I will be damned if I am going to sit on this weight gain when I have worked so hard to get rid of it. No pain no gain right? Tomorrow I will chew chicken!

*French Women Don't Get Fat is a phenomenal book and although I am not a huge fan of the leek water, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment